What is Sculptra?
Sculptra Aesthetic® is the most powerful FDA approved collagen-stimulating, filler injection agent that boosts facial rejuvenation and helps provide more long-lasting results for patients in NJ and world-wide.
Sculptra is not actually a filler injection agent and is not used for direct wrinkle correction. It is a new type of facial injectable for filler injection made from biodegradable poly-L-lactic acid (the same material used in self-absorbing sutures). This polymer gets injected deep into the tissues of the face to stimulate the body to produce its own collagen (similar to wound healing) roughly over an 8-12 week period following the filler injection NJ.
Sculptra In Depth
by Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S.
What to expect from Sculptra:
- The changes caused by Sculptra injection are gradual over a few weeks and each session in NJ provides roughly a 30 percent correction in the average patient.
- As collagen is stimulated with filler injection, youthful volume and facial tightening is achieved naturally.
- A full face, filler injection treatment of Sculptra usually requires three filler injection treatment sessions (six vials) over a few months in NJ.
- As with every filler injection product, efficacy and durability may be variable.
- The average NJ patient who undergoes full filler injection treatment in Dr. Tadros’ practice usually requires a single vial touchup annually to maintain filler injection results.
- More commonly, Dr. Tadros uses single vial Sculptra as an adjunct to other filler injection and skin treatments to boost durability and filler results.
- Sculptra is always the filler injection product of choice in NJ when fillers just aren’t enough and the goal is to plump the midface (submalar area).
Sculptra is commonly used for:
- Nasolabial folds. Deep folds between the nose and the mouth also called smile lines.
- Marionette lines. The lines framing your mouth.
- Chin wrinkles
Patient preparation before injection:
- A topical numbing cream is applied in the office prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
- For any questions, medications you are currently taking and existing medical conditions please call the office to see if a preliminary consult is required prior to your treatment.
What to Expect during a Sculptra Injection?:
- A filler injection occurs when fillers are injected into the skin through a very fine needle into different layers depending on consistency and the area to be corrected.
- A combination of filler injection techniques are used in the form of a series of beads or linear threads to strategically recontour the desired zone and efface wrinkles.
- After filler injection in NJ, the area is gently molded in place to result in a smooth, natural contour. Ice packs or cool compresses may be used to reduce swelling.
How can Facial Filler Injections help rejuvenate my face?
Filler injections and botulinium toxin (Botox/Dyport) are the workhorses of nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. As our faces change with aging, we notice our skin begins to wrinkle and the creases around our eyes and mouth begin to deepen. Filler injection with Dr. Tadros in NJ can help.
There are two processes occurring simultaneously:
1) the loss of volume (treated with fillers and collagen stimulators) and
2) the over-activity of our facial muscles (treated with Botox or Dysport filler injection to relax or eliminate deep creases).
Years of muscle movement including smiling, chewing, and squinting reinforce these deep lines often referred to as the “11’s/elevens” of the forehead and smile lines around the face and eyes. As we age and lose more volume, these creases become more and more apparent. Read more about Botox/Dysport. Get filler injection NJ with Dr. Tadros for a more youthful appearance.