Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Founder of the Center for Sinus, Sleep, & Facial Plastic Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Bridging Form & Function
Dr. Monica Tadros is a distinguished sinus, sleep, and facial plastic surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She’s one of the few, elite surgeons to attain double board certification from the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
After years of highly specialized training, Dr. Tadros joined Columbia University Medical Center faculty as the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
She trained resident physicians and medical students as a pioneer in the highly evolving field of aesthetic medicine.
Now in private practice with offices in Park Avenue, NYC, and Englewood, NJ, Dr. Tadros bridges the gap between form and function with a unique emphasis on the intimate relationship between beauty, sleep, and health.
Internationally Recognized Plastic Surgeon in New York & New Jersey
Dr. Tadros is an international expert in sinus, sleep, and facial plastic surgery known for her extraordinary ability to restore breathing, treat sinusitis, improve sleep, and reshape noses and faces in an exceedingly natural way.
As a leading facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Tadros has earned some of the nation’s most prestigious awards in teaching and leadership, including:
- Bergen Top Doctor
- Castle Connolly "Top Doctors of America”
- Columbia University’s Maxwell Abramson Faculty Teaching Award
- The New York Times “Super Doctors”
- Top Doctors New York / New Jersey
- Woman of the Year in Medicine
- College at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): Boston, MA
- Medical Degree from Thomas Jefferson Medical College: Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt & Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Fellowship in Cranial Base Surgery and Neurosurgical Reconstruction at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt & Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons
- General Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center: Washington, DC
- Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Otolaryngology at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Director of Aesthetic Facial Surgery at Roosevelt Hospital: 2006-2010.
- Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons: 2007-2013
- Board of Directors for New Jersey Doctor-Patient Alliance
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Board of Directors / Chair of Young Physicians Section
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Dual Fellowship Training in Cranial Base Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Active Medical Licenses
- New Jersey
- New York
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- New York-Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
Honors & Awards
- Top 10 Doctor Award NY/NJ, (2013)
- Honor Award for Outstanding Leadership by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS), (2013)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Chair Young Physicians Section, (2010-2013)
- Appointed to the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Foundation (AAOHNS/F) Board of Directors, (2004, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Women in Otolaryngology Endowment - Founding member, (2012)
- Woman of the Year in Medicine National Award, (2010)
- NYHNI-Member-at-large, Board of Directors, (2010)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), (Since 2010)
- Maxwell Abramson Teaching Award by Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons, (2008)
- Diplomate of the Year Honor Award by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS), (2008)
- Holt Leadership Award by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS), (2007)
- Outstanding Leadership Award- Otolaryngology Residency Review Committee (RRC) & ACGME, (2005)
- Research grant by the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, (AAOA), (2003)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Chair Section for Residents & Fellows, (2004)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, SRF Member at Large, (2003)
- National Representative, Residency Review Committee Otolaryngology, (2004-2006)
- Hobart Amory Hare Honor Medical Society, (1999)
- New York Head & Neck Institute (NYHNI) Founding Member
Research / Professorship & Publications
- Facial Restoration Using Adult Stem Cells derived from Autogenous Fat Grafts: Cosmetic & Reconstructive Applications.
- Anatomical considerations in the treatment of Sinus and Polyp disorders
- Combined Sinus Surgery and Rhinoplasty: Lessons for improved outcomes by a single surgeon
- Nasal Valve Collapse and high Nasal Septal Deviation: Understanding common reasons for surgical failure after deviated septum and turbinate surgery
- Office-based Balloon Sinuplasty: When less is more.
- A novel approach for Pain-free Adult Tonsillectomy
- State-of-the-art Hypoglossal Nerve stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea patients who cannot tolerate CPAP
- The Treatment of Facial Nerve Paralysis & Bell's Palsy: Why It’s Never Too Late …Or Too Early.
- Migraine Headaches: New Frontiers in Neural Stimulation Technology
- Functional and Cosmetic Applications of Botox and Facial Filler Injections: The Liquid Facelift
- Dr. Tadros' publications & media