What is Radiesse?
Radiesse® is a calcium-based filler used in filler injection at our clinic for cosmetic plastic surgery and internationally that is virtually non-allergenic and also recognized by the body as a natural substance.
Radiesse In Depth
by Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S.
What to expect from a Radiesse injection:
- A Radiesse® minimally invasive filler injection improves volume and has been shown to stimulate new collagen formation in injected areas.
- The benefits of Radiesse injection treatments in NYC & NJ and internationally are considered semi-permanent with most NJ patients showing significant improvement for one to two years after injection.
- Radiesse product provides a heavier consistency than hyaluronic acid type fillers, proving invaluable for facial augmentation and heavier-skinned individuals who want filler injection.
- It can also be layered deep to hyaluronic acid fillers to maximize contouring.
Radiesse is commonly used for:
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Smile Lines
- Frown Lines
- Lip Augmentation
- Bridge or Nasal Augmentation
- Cheek Enhancement
- Chin Reshaping
- Jaw Line Contouring
- Vocal Cord Correction
- Nasal Obstruction
- Facial Lipoatrophy
Patient preparation before injection:
- A topical numbing cream is applied in the office prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
- For any questions, medications you are currently taking and existing medical conditions please call the office to see if a preliminary consult is required prior to your treatment.
What to Expect During a Sculptra Injection?:
- A filler injection occurs when fillers are injected into the skin through a very fine needle into different layers depending on the consistency and the area to be corrected.
- A combination of filler injection techniques is used in the form of a series of beads or linear threads to strategically recontour the desired zone and efface wrinkles.
- After filler injection in NYC & NJ, the area is gently molded in place to result in a smooth, natural contour. Ice packs or cool compresses may be used to reduce swelling.
How can Facial Filler Injections help rejuvenate my face?
Filler injections and botulinum toxin (Botox/Dysport) are the workhorses of nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. As our faces change with aging, we notice our skin begins to wrinkle and the creases around our eyes and mouth begin to deepen. Filler injection from the best rated cosmetic surgeon in NJ & NYC Dr. Tadros can help.
There are two processes occurring simultaneously:
1) the loss of volume (treated with fillers and collagen stimulators) and
2) the over-activity of our facial muscles (treated with Botox or Dysport filler injection to relax or eliminate deep creases).
Years of muscle movement including smiling, chewing, and squinting reinforce these deep lines often referred to as the “11’s/elevens” of the forehead and smile lines around the face and eyes.
As we age and lose more volume, these creases become more and more apparent. Read more about Botox/Dysport. Get filler injection NJ from a cosmetic surgeon in Bergen County Dr. Tadros for a more youthful appearance.
Dr. Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a distinguished Sinus, Sleep and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She is one of a small number of surgeons to attain double board certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.