About Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Form & Function
Dr. Monica Tadros is a distinguished Sinus, Sleep and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She is one of a small number of surgeons to attain double board certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
After years of highly specialized training, she first joined the faculty at Columbia University Medical Center as the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery where she trained resident physicians and medical students as a pioneer in the highly evolving field of aesthetic medicine.
Now in private practice with offices in Park Avenue, NYC and Englewood, NJ, she bridges the gap between Form and Function with a unique emphasis on the intimate relationship between Beauty, Sleep and Health.
Internationally Recognized Plastic Surgeon in New York / New Jersey
Known for her extraordinary ability to restore breathing, treat sinusitis, improve sleep and reshape noses and faces in an exceedingly natural way, Dr. Tadros is an international expert in Sinus, Sleep and Facial Plastic Surgery.
As a leading facial plastic surgeon Dr. Tadros has earned some of the nation’s most prestigious awards in teaching and leadership, including:
- Woman of the Year in Medicine
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors of America
- NY Times Super Doctors
- Top Doctors New York / New Jersey
- Bergen Top Doctor
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery & Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- College at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): Boston, MA
- Medical Degree from Thomas Jefferson Medical College: Philadelphia, PA
- Residency Training:
- General Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center: Washington, DC
- Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Otolaryngology at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt & Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Fellowship in Cranial Base Surgery and Neurosurgical Reconstruction at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt & Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Director of Aesthetic Facial Surgery at Roosevelt Hospital: 2006-2010.
- Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons: 2007-2013
- Board of Directors for New Jersey Doctor Patient Alliance
Dual Board Certification:
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Dual Fellowship Training in Cranial Base Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Active Medical Licenses
- New York & New Jersey
- New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
Honors & Awards:
- Top 10 Doctor Award NY/NJ-2013, Honor Award for Outstanding Leadership by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)-2013
- Woman of the Year in Medicine National Award-2010
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)– since 2010
- Maxwell Abramson Teaching Award by Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons- 2008
- Diplomate of the Year Honor Award by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)-2008
- Holt Leadership Award by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS) -2007
- Outstanding Leadership Award- Otolaryngology Residency Review Committee (RRC) & ACGME-2005
- Hobart Amory Hare Honor Medical Society 1999
- Research grant by the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (AAOA) – 2003
- Appointed to American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Foundation (AAOHNS/F) Board of Directors (2004, 2011,2012,2013)
- AAO-HNS Chair of Young Physicians Section (2010-1013)
- AAOHNS Chair of Section for Residents & Fellows (2004)
- AAO-HNS Member at Large (2003)
- Women- in Otolaryngology Endowment-Founding member- 2012
- National Representative RRC Otolaryngology (2004-2006)
- New York Head & Neck Institute (NYHNI) Founding Member
- Member-at-large, Board of Directors (2010).
Research/ Professorship & Publications
- Facial Restoration Using Adult Stem Cells derived from Autogenous Fat Grafts: Cosmetic & Reconstructive Applications.
- Anatomical considerations in the treatment of Sinus and Polyp disorders
- Combined Sinus Surgery and Rhinoplasty: Lessons for improved outcomes by a single surgeon
- Nasal Valve Collapse and high Nasal Septal Deviation: Understanding common reasons for surgical failure after deviated septum and turbinate surgery
- Office-based Balloon Sinuplasty: When less is more.
- A novel approach for Pain-free Adult Tonsillectomy
- State-of-the art Hypoglossal Nerve stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea patients who cannot tolerate CPAP
- The Treatment of Facial Nerve Paralysis & Bells Palsy: Why It’s Never Too Late …Or Too Early.
- Migraine Headaches: New frontiers in Neural Stimulation Technology
- Functional and Cosmetic Applications of Botox and Facial Filler Injections: The Liquid Facelift
- Dr. Tadros’ publications & media
Choosing Your Doctor
Choosing your doctor is one of the most important decisions you will make. Consider your goals, objectives and any reservations as you set out to choose your surgeon. Dr. Tadros has come to be known as the “naturalizer” amongst her patients and peers. When asked what sets her apart, it’s undoubtedly her background in the most challenging part of plastic surgery: facial and nasal restoration. Her experience treating patients who have lost important facial structures including eyelids, nasal support, and lips to trauma or cancer, makes achieving outstanding cosmetic and functional surgery results quite simple. Some questions to consider when choosing your facial surgeon:
- Is your doctor board certified and fellowship trained? A facial plastic surgeon is double board certified in Facial Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. Dr. Tadros is among only a small number of plastic surgeons to achieve this certification.
- How does the concept of Form and Function apply to me as a patient? Dr. Tadros’ philosophy on Form and Function means that each procedure Dr. Tadros performs will be approached from both an aesthetic and structural perspective. “It’s not enough to perform a rhinoplasty and discover your patient still has a sinus problem or can’t breathe.” The emphasis is to appreciate the intimate relationship between how we look and how we feel. Nowhere is this more prevalent than in surgery of the nose and face, where how we breathe, how we look and scars really matter.
- Is your facial surgeon a Specialist in plastic surgery of the face and nose? Aesthetic facial surgery has become a popular concept. Specialists in New York and New Jersey focus on the face and nose and typically do not treat the entire body. Primary and revision surgeries are performed with a common goal: Facial Harmony with a Natural Appearance. Dr. Tadros pioneered the concept of Aesthetic Facial Surgery training in residency programs for nearly a decade. She taught countless students how to prepare for all surgeries of the face with an aesthetic approach, regardless of their non-cosmetic purpose. Similarly, she stresses the importance of proper evaluation and treatment planning to achieve superior outcomes in her cosmetic patients.
- Does your doctor listen to your needs and concerns and guide you during consultation? As a patient, you should seek a specialist who can offer a treatment plan that is as individual as you are. Truly expert advice does not come in the form of one-size fits all. Your doctor should take the time to listen to your needs and goals, and guide you toward the decisions that are right for you.
Monica Tadros, MD, FACS
911 PARK AVE.,
NEW YORK, NY 10075
Monica Tadros, MD, FACS
300 GRAND AVE.
ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631