What are Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?:
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) is the natural filler substance found in your body.
• HA is also a naturally occurring polysaccharide (a sugar molecule) found in the extracellular matrix of our cells to hydrate and regenerate the dermis. Basically, it attracts and holds water allowing for longevity of treatment and smooth integration.
*Since hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring polymer in the body, allergy testing is not required.
Belotero is commonly used for:
• Crow’s Feet
• Forehead Frown Lines
• Perioral Lipstick Lines
• Marionette Lines
Belotero In Depth
by Monica Tadros, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Patient preparation before injection:
• A topical numbing cream is applied in the office prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
• For any questions, medications you are currently taking and existing medical conditions please call the office to see if a preliminary consult is required prior to your treatment.
What to Expect during Facial Filler Injection?:
• Fillers are injected into the skin through a very fine needle into different layers depending on consistency and the area to be corrected.
• A combination of techniques are used in the form of a series of beads or linear threads to strategically recontour the desired zone and efface wrinkles.
• After injection, the area is gently molded in place by Dr. Tadros to result in a smooth, natural contour.
Post treatment of injection site & recovery:
• Immediately after the treatment, patients can expect a slight redness, swelling, tenderness and itching sensation around the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. Temporary discomfort generally disappears in a few days. Most people do not bruise but it can occasionally occur. Patients benefit from applying ice the first 24 hours after injection.
How long will Belotero last?:
• The effects of Belotero can been seen immediately after the first time a patient is injected and can last between 6-12 months depending on the individual.