Spring Allergy Treatments in New Jersey
As spring arrives, plants begin to release pollen which effects millions of people with hay fever, sniffles and sneezing.
According to ACAAI, 23.6 million Americans were diagnosed with hay fever in the last year. The prevalence of allergies is surging upward, with as many as 30 percent of adults and up to 40 percent of children having at least one allergy.
Causes of spring allergies for people living in NYC & NJ are mostly triggered by pollen. Trees, grasses and weeds release tiny grains into the air to fertilize other plants. This is when hayfever occurs when your body makes the mistake of treating the tree pollen, or pollen from shrubs, as a harmful organism, and the immune system goes into action by making antibodies to try to prevent it spreading.
If you think you may have spring allergies, contact us to make an appointment with Dr. Tadros today for spring allergies treatment in NYC & NJ.
Spring allergies may affect NJ residence with common reactions that may include nasal congestion, runny nose, itchy nose, sneezing, and itchy and watery eyes. Common allergy symptoms include:
- Hay Fever: congestion, runny nose, watery eyes
- Atopic Dermatitis (eczema): itching, red skin; peeling or flaking skin
- Insect Sting Allergies: swollen sting site, itching skin, coughing, wheezing, anaphylaxis
- Food Allergies: swollen lips, tongue, face, or throat; hives; tingling mouth; anaphylaxis
- Drug Allergies: rash, hives, swollen face, wheezing, anaphylaxis
Quick Allergy Facts
Here are some allergy facts that you may have not known about:
- Allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the U.S. with an annual cost in excess of $18 billion. More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year. (Source: CDC)
- Symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis occur in spring, summer and/or early fall. They are usually caused by allergic sensitivity to pollens from trees, grasses or weeds, or to airborne mold spores.
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots) helps reduce hay fever symptoms in about 85% of people with allergic rhinitis.
- In data published from the 2014 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), 8.4% of US children under age 18 suffered from hay fever, 10% from respiratory allergies, 5.4% from food allergies, and 11.6% from skin allergies. (Source: CDC)
Diagnosing and Treating Spring Allergies
It can be difficult to identify allergies for many people. Often, the signs and symptoms of allergies are mistaken for the common cold. If you think you might have allergies, a good way to distinguish between allergy and cold symptoms is the presence of an allergen. If your symptoms only flare up in the presence of certain substances, you may have allergens. In order to be sure, however, you should make an appointment with a doctor.
Dr. Monica Tadros at facial plastic surgery center in Bergen County treated many of her NJ patients for spring allergies in Bergen County. Once diagnosed, allergic rhinitis treatment options are: avoidance, eliminating or decreasing your exposure to the irritants or allergens that trigger your symptoms, medication and immunotherapy (allergy shots). Dr. Tadros< has been diagnosing patients suffering from allergies for more than 12 years. Using the latest diagnostic technology, an allergy specialist in NJ is committed to giving you and your family the best care possible. When you meet with Dr. Tadros, she may use any number of the following tests to diagnose your allergies.
- Perform a physical examination
- Ask you to keep a diary of symptoms/triggers
- Perform a skin test, using fine needles with potential allergens to test for a skin reaction
- Test your blood for antibodies to particular allergens
If you think you may have spring allergies, contact us to make an appointment with top allergy doctor Dr. Tadros today for spring allergies treatment in NYC & NJ.
To diagnose and treat your allergy problems in Englewood, NJ and Bergen County area, please contact us today at NYC: (212) 532-4590 or NJ: (201) 408-5430 to speak to one of our Patient Advisors to receive additional information on available allergy treatments. You may also use our contact form to schedule your no-obligation spring allergy treatment consultation in NYC & NJ.
Monica Tadros, MD, FACS
911 PARK AVE.,
NEW YORK, NY 10075
Monica Tadros, MD, FACS
300 GRAND AVE.
ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631