Stop Snoring Treatments in NYC & NJ
Snoring is a sound made during sleep. It is the sound of the throat vibrating as air flows through it. Everyone snores occasionally, but chronic snoring may have serious health and relationship consequences. One in four Americans has a problem with chronic snoring. If you’re one of the millions of people whose life is disrupted by this condition, please read below to find out the available options to help you stop snoring. Our snoring doctor specializes in stop snoring treatments for her patients in NYC & NJ.
Causes of Snoring
Air should be able to move easily through your mouth, nose, and throat. Sometimes, during sleep, air cannot move through these areas easily. This poor airflow makes the roof of the mouth vibrate. This is what causes the snoring sound. Smaller airways can lead to louder snoring. Airflow may be obstructed by:
- Weak muscles in the tongue and throat
- Enlarged tonsils, adenoids, or other obstructions such as a tumors or cysts
- Excessive tissue around the throat due to obesity
Lifestyle changes may relieve symptoms of snoring. More severe cases may require surgery or devices.
Changes that may help stop snoring include:
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- Exercise to improve muscle tone.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking sedatives.
- Establish regular sleeping patterns.
- Sleep on your side rather than on your back.
- Treat causes of nasal congestion, such as allergies or colds.
- Raise the head of the bed up about 4 inches. Use extra pillows or put something under the mattress.
Surgery may be done to remove excess tissue in the nose or throat. During snoring surgery in NJ, a laser or scalpel will remove the tissue that is blocking the airway. Treatment by laser surgery requires a series of surgeries. These surgeries are usually reserved for severe and disruptive cases of snoring. Best snoring specialist in new jersey Dr. Monica Tadros specializes in snoring treatments.
To learn more about the available snoring treatment options in NYC & NJ, please contact us today for your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Monica Tadros. You may also call our office to speak to a Patient Advisor at NYC: (212) 532-4590 or NJ: (201) 408-5430.